commodes

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
hello u wise lot,,

does any one know how i can get a commode for amy? shes still tiny but at yrs old wont wear nappies to bed at all, she has a potty which she is finding uncomfortable to use, her legs dont bed enough for a comfy seat, and she oftne miss fires and leaves me a puddle on the floor.
I dont mind cleaning, im a dab hand with the dissenfectant but id liek her to have some dignanty, when her friends come over i have to hide her potty as she thinks they will call her a baby, but then she cant get down the toilet quick enough and has a sneaky accident and then crys when they go home.

the hospital r trying to help us but is there any one else that i could get involved? or can i buy them from any where?
http://www.jenx.com/products/bathroom/pottychair.html

That is one UK company i found,not sure if it is of any use.
Hi Pixienubbins
There are lots of websites if you google 'commodes for children', but I would try and get one free first! Try Social Services who should put you in touch with an Occupational Therapist or if you don't have a Social Worker then your GP should be able to help.
Good luck,
Bluebird Image
HI im with bluebird occupational therapy... look up the number at the local council or see gp our local ot you refer youself, good luck.........mand
Hi Pixie,

Like the others have said the OT will be best route , but in meantime take a look at this link

http://www.newlifeable.co.uk/browse/toi ... aids-1244/

Its just to give you an idea of what is available but soc services should provide one free.

x x x
i actually found domething today!!!!

thank u peoples for al the links ive saved them for when she grows out of this potty seat thing i found in mother care,, they have never had them instock before so i grabbed the last one! not only can she sit on it proper, it looks less babyish
I'll find a link to them and post them up in a bit

THANK U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Image Image Image Image Image

her OT said we have a 6 month wait to get one, shes got us on the fast track list and i will give the woman her dues shes on holiday and called me to let me know she si doing something!
Glad you found something Pixienubbins. Maybe you can order the next size up from OT as your daughter might be the right size in 6 months time.
Bluebird Image
lol bluebird, she said that maybe she will fit it better when the time comes!! i like her being so tiny, i never get asked to pay for her on the bus r train, i have to becuase i know she would shout BUT IM SIX if ever i tried to lie about her age!
Amy sounds like a little treasure with a wonderful Mum looking after her.
Your post reminds me of when my friend's little girl was growing up and we always used to lie about her age to get free travel, or into somewhere that she was to young for etc and one day a lady was chatting to us and asked the little girl how old she was and she said 'I'll have to check, how old am I supposed to be today Mummy?' Image Image
Bluebird x
hello u wise lot,,

does any one know how i can get a commode for amy? shes still tiny but at yrs old wont wear nappies to bed at all, she has a potty which she is finding uncomfortable to use, her legs dont bed enough for a comfy seat, and she oftne miss fires and leaves me a puddle on the floor.
I dont mind cleaning, im a dab hand with the dissenfectant but id liek her to have some dignanty, when her friends come over i have to hide her potty as she thinks they will call her a baby, but then she cant get down the toilet quick enough and has a sneaky accident and then crys when they go home.

the hospital r trying to help us but is there any one else that i could get involved? or can i buy them from any where?
The Social Services should be able to get you one.They got all the equipment installed for us before the wife was allowed to come home from hospital.