Cleaning Tips

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Hello All

Anybody got any cleaning tips to share?

I have had problems with water marks on bathroom floor for ages now, have tried everything under the sun. Anyway yesturday I had the OT come about Mums recliner and I had asked her to have a look at the shower cradle as the arm wouldn't go up or down anyway she put WD40 on it to loosen the screw and after she left I noticed that she had got it all over the bathroom floor Image When I wiped it away I noticed that the water marks had gone aswell! So I sprayed it all over the area and yes it worked. Just thought I'd share this with anyone that might of had the same problem.

Take care
M x
Maryann, I love WD40 - no, I'm not going strange in my old age!

I hate it when you buy things as presents (like 2 for 1) and you can't get the sticky label off, a quick squirt of WD40 and it wipes off, even the sticky residue left behind.

I've got the Kim & Aggie book, that's got some amazing tips - the best one I've found is for getting rid of limescale on taps, we live in a very hard water area.

Soak some paper towel in 50/50 white vinegar/water, wrap round the taps, put a plastic bag on and secure with an elastic band - leave overnight, take it all off and the limescale is completely gone, brilliant! I put white vinegar down the loo and leave that overnight for limescale and once every few weeks I put it in the empty washing machine, put it on the highest temperature wash and run a full cycle - it gets rid of any nasty smells!

Paula xx
Thats good tips Paula.. I shall try them

That book is suppose to be brilliant, I love the programme, the next day after watching it I always get in a cleaning fit... Image

Away to get my vinegar... Image

Take care
Maryann x
kim and aggie are goddess to some one like me who likes cleaning!

vinigar on mirrors,,works great!
I hate cleaning the tiles on my shower unit they also get watermarked, half the time I try and ignore it but its getting to the point that I cant ignore it.....its laziness with me half the time, wish I was rich and could afford a cleaner!!
I hate cleaning the tiles on my shower unit they also get watermarked, half the time I try and ignore it but its getting to the point that I cant ignore it.....its laziness with me half the time, wish I was rich and could afford a cleaner!!
Oh me too! Image