[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Christmas 2009 - Carers UK Forum

Christmas 2009

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Not a tip for caring but a wee one to save some money.

Most of the shops have reduced their christmas stock now and if any coppers spare worth getting it for next year Image . Morrisons today had rolls of wrapping paper for 88p and some of them are 15 metres long.
The £ shop has reduced their xmas stock to 50p and most card shops are now selling for 1/2 price.

Dont throw all your cards away.Any nice ones keep and using scissors cut some nice shapes to make tags for next years gifts.
It's a good idea, Rosemary, I've been making gift tags like that since the children were at primary school over 20 years' ago. Still doing it and topping up my carrier bag of tags. Seem to last me forever and are there for any visitors who need some, too. Saves a whole load of money and gives me something 'else' to do, where I can just sit quietly and 'switch off' for a bit.
If you know someone with an OLD pair of pinking shears, then ask if you can have those, as you get a decorative edge to your tags then, too.It ruins the shears for anything except paper, so make sure you don't need them.
have you seen the children's scissors that come with different shape blades ? you can get ones that cut scallops and curves as well as the old fashioned 'pinked' edges. I think you should be able to get them in a hobby or craft shop. And you can also save the decorative 'bits' off the christmas crackers - stuck onto plain card they can also make good gift tags or you can even use them to make your own christmas cards.

In the sales I also look out for good quality soap / toiletries that have been reduced or are on special offer - they keep indefinately if put away in cool, dark place and make good stocking fillers !
We tried that one year.
My wife but them away safely then forgot where.

hi

why not buy cheap wrapping paper etc n baubles n trees and decorations( now )4 next yrs christmas saves soo much time next yr.
We tried that one year.
My wife but them away safely then forgot where.
Image Image

We did that with Christmas presents one year: bought little nick-nacks etc and put them somewhere safe. We finally found them five years later when we moved house! Image
I did that too!
I bought a book for my daughter in March and...you've guessed it....I found it last week! Image
i totally forgot all about it!

marie x
Done that only today.....im writing a note in my diary. Last year i bought family ones twice Image ..............mand
LOL so it's not just me then! Image Image
marie x