[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Caring for my 90 year old dad is getting difficult - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Caring for my 90 year old dad is getting difficult

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Thank you,

I think i will start with an appointment with the gp. Of course this initially will be a phone appointment as my gp surgery are not seeing people still.

The i will ring social services. I believe he will need residential respite care now.

Thanks again for all the advice will let you all know how i progress.
If you have different doctors, speak to dad's as well as yours.
If he tries the "confidentiality" get out idea, ask him to at least listen to you about dad's current situation, which he is obliged to do. Be very assertive, that you CANNOT manage any more.
Hi there Julia

Welcome to our forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult time.

I'm don't know if you know but we have a weekly online zoom session which we run every Monday afternoon at 3pm.
It's a chance for carers to together each week, talk and share information. There's no pressure to share anything you're not comfortable with. I've popped the joining weblink below please come along if you would like to, we would love to see you there. Many of our members have said they've found the sessions really helpful.
https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advic ... ne-meetups

with all good wishes
Ingrid