[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance for Students - Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance for Students

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
I hope this helps. I have been waiting for 6 months to receive CA. Wow, what a struggle, as they were about to give me it they asked about education that i had informed them about. My course is 15 hours per week, regarded as full time education by the college. According to the government you can receive CA if you are in education for <21 hours, wheter or not it is evenings or days or even mixed.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know that Carers UK is campaigning for the scrapping of the '21 hour rule' which penalises carers who want to study. We want the government to include this measure as part of its proposals in the forthcoming National Carers strategy.

Gavin
Too many carers are falling foul of this - one from our area was on the local BBC news a few weeks ago.
I've had the same problem, is there any way round it yet?