[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Caree complaints - No. 1: "You must be deaf." - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Caree complaints - No. 1: "You must be deaf."

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Does your caree have the same sense of timing as my wife? The other day she called me through from the kitchen where I was getting the coffee machine ready for nectar production. I duly went through, we had a short chat and I went back to the kitchen. I actually put my hand on the coffee tin when she called again. This happened twice more and still not one grain of coffee grounds reached the coffee machine.
Charles_2112 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:14 am
Does your caree have the same sense of timing as my wife? The other day she called me through from the kitchen where I was getting the coffee machine ready for nectar production. I duly went through, we had a short chat and I went back to the kitchen. I actually put my hand on the coffee tin when she called again. This happened twice more and still not one grain of coffee grounds reached the coffee machine.
Yes, Charles, this sounds like familiar stuff. See also no. 3 of this series: "You never finish a job."

It has reached a point where, if I am busy in another part of the house, I delay going to her vicinity for as long as possible, because of the inevitable: "While you are here, can you . . . ?" It makes sense, after all, to assist her on a number of things on one visit rather than several visits to do one at a time. It is all part of the caring strategy.
Charles, maybe your coffee machine has a "magic button"?

We are sure that there is one in each of our bathrooms..
I can sit my the phone all day, it never rings, no one calls.
As soon as I go to the bathroom the phone rings or there is a knock on the door.
I think it's a camera. One reason why there are no ring cameras or Alexa/Siris in the house.