[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Anyone have any money making tips? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Anyone have any money making tips?

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
there are other charties out there that maybe able to help you and i would say you should get income support i know i do. have you tried appealing there decisions
It all depends on your circumstances, skills and resources. I work on a casual freelance basis for a market research company, and picked up £100 commission plus expenses today in four hours whilst my caree was elsewhere. I picked up a first edition hardback from my local charity shop last week for £1, it should fetch a tenner on Ebay. You need to hustle, and not all the chances out there are scams, some pay well, but the best ideas are not the ones advertised on the internet: most of those are for suckers: the best ones are the ones you develop yourself based on your own expertise. Your most valuable resource is your own time: and to free this up you need to negotiate a decent respite care package by being tough with social services. Apart from that, welfare benefits are a potential gold-mine and it is always worth investing in research and advice to find out how to maximise income legitimately: this rule applies equally for high income and low income households. If you have been turned down for DLA, that is usually because the case went unproven or was badly made: some 40% of appeals are successful at the last count. The devil is often in the small print: study it well.
get a job and get adult social care to sort some care out so you can earn some money and have some life at the same time.
One of the problems with benefits and helplines is the fact that you have to ask the right questions to get the right answers, and let's face it, we all have bad days when we remember something after we put the phone down. As far a benefits are concerned, it might be worth investing in a copy of the disability rights handbook - see the top of the new members page. This is a brilliant publication which explains the benefits rules in very clear english. Then I think you need to get an assessment for your mum, and see if she is entitled to Direct Payments, which, as I understand it, would mean that you would effectively be paid for caring for her - I'm not on these at the moment, but will be shortly if all goes well. Did you ask the CUK helpline if mum would be entitled to extra benefits? Attendance Allowance for example? My husband turned his own hobby into a business, after he was made redundant for the second time. Having restored his own lorry from a total wreck, others admired it and asked him if he could restore theirs. I worked for him, and we had two fantastic holidays in Australia before he died. I like making a few extra pennies by being resourceful, I've bought things down at the tip and sold them, turning £3 into £60 for a nest of Ercol tables, and another £10 into £70 for another Ercol tip purchase. My parents had arguably the largest collection of Ercol anywhere, so I can immediately recognise it. I use my sewing skills, turning £10 of plastic seat fabric into £100+ of gear and clutch gaiters for vintage lorries. Today I've had a free hair cut and blow dry from my regular hairdresser who bought a dress she liked but it was too long, so I took it up for her. I've made hundreds of pounds from husband's rubbish pile, simply by washing things and selling them on once they were clean! My eldest son likes old tractors, he was buying and selling them long before he left school at 16. He likes Land Rovers, he will buy an MoT failure, weld it up, get a new MoT and sell it on when he gets bored with it. When I was in my early twenties, we were even buying steam engines in Australia, shipping them back to the UK, and selling them! In my area, near Bournemouth, gardeners are in short supply, lots of elderly people living locally who have nice homes, plenty of money, but unable to cut their own grass. So much depends , the hobbies you have, and the skills you have, and most important of all as a carer, the time available.
The simplest one is writing articles for publication in journals and magazines. There are plenty of tips to be had, the main one is write for the magazines that you like reading and write about things you know. Writers are just like us - well, actually, we are all here, and we are all writing, so all we need to do is find a market for our work.
I forgot to mention
I work for myself so there's no boss telling me what hours I have to work, and when things get really bad, if I need to take a week (or a month) off work I just do.
SO WHY NOT EXPLAIN THAT IT'S PYRAMID WORK AND WHAT LITTLE YOU GET UNLESS YOU GET A GROUP UNDER YOU
Then there's the kit to buy and any loss is yours tramping the streets and it's
those above you that earn of you

ALL you need is a bucket a ladder and leather with a barrow 10 houses £5 each=50
one Afternoons work twice a week =£100 And if you live in town even better no
petrol you only walk where you live
SO WHY NOT EXPLAIN THAT IT'S PYRAMID WORK AND WHAT LITTLE YOU GET UNLESS YOU GET A GROUP UNDER YOU
Then there's the kit to buy and any loss is yours tramping the streets and it's
those above you that earn of you
Totally agree. I tried Kleeneze once. Once was enough. C**p products. C**p company. Damned hard slog for so little return. I earned more as an Avon Lady, erm.... fella. Image
ALL you need is a bucket a ladder and leather with a barrow 10 houses £5 each=50
one Afternoons work twice a week =£100 And if you live in town even better no
petrol you only walk where you live
Very true. Very good idea.
Only problem is - you have to start at the bottom.

Hi there.
I enter competitions and also enter for freebies.
I also fill in surveys and get to test their products occasionaly.
I also do shop and scan, where you have to scan all your shopping, text in your 'food on the go' and fill in food diaries, so they get an idea how much the average family spends on food,
This does take a bit of time. and tbh it gets on my t1ts sometimes. BUT I desperatly need the extras it provides.I can earn about £10 a week in vouchers. they paid me in argos vouchers last time which really helped when I went to buy husbands wheelchair.
I'm not posting links here as I';m not sure its allowed? if it is allowed I will or anyone can PM me.
I have one a lot of lovely prizes over the years with competitions, ok you do have to shell out a bit for stamps and texts, but online comps are free although these are obviously more popular.
My company is recruiting in some areas. You need a car and a telephone, you need to know which side of the road the grass grows on, be able to talk the hind leg off a hyena, work a keyboard, and actually not a lot else. I earn £250 a week on average, in 18 hours work, in my own time, with travel paid from home. No selling involved, just conducting social surveys. If you are genuinely interested and not a timewaster, send me a pm.
Wow - listen to Bowlingbun! I am seriously impressed Image

I have recently lost my carers allowance because DD has had her DLA downgraded and I am appealing that. I really miss that. I have been selling some stuff on Ebay - sold my winter coat last week for £25 (too big for me now), some leather boots and loads of knitting patterns. I used to make a few bob on Ebay from stuff like bowlingbun said, from charity shops/rummage sales etc but you seldom see a rummage sale now and charity shops are seriously pricey so once I've sold off the entire contents of my wardrobe, I'm stumped. Image