[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Anyone have any money making tips? - Carers UK Forum

Anyone have any money making tips?

Share your ideas about the practical side of caring.
Basically looking for money making tips.

I've been caring for my mother since childhood, now 32. Suffering from back issues myself and in desperate need of a new mattress. Now a decent pocket sprung mattress will set me back about £250. And I just don't have it.

Only income is carers allowance. Apparently I'm not entitled to income support (have applied several times). I tried to claim DLA for myself, despite the fact I need help dressing myself most days and when its really bad I can't even turn myself over in bed - I've been declined. Applied for a community care grant, was declined as I don't meet the criteria.

I've searched the house for things to sell on ebay, found a few things but not expecting them to bring in much. Still, every little helps.

So, I'm looking for any tips to bring in some cash to save so I can get a new mattress.

Anyone have any suggestions?
J79, try contacting the CUK helpline - they may be able to advise you at least on the benefits front: sounds like you could use some advice on that front first.
Basically looking for money making tips.

I've been caring for my mother since childhood, now 32. Suffering from back issues myself and in desperate need of a new mattress. Now a decent pocket sprung mattress will set me back about £250. And I just don't have it.

Only income is carers allowance. Apparently I'm not entitled to income support (have applied several times). I tried to claim DLA for myself, despite the fact I need help dressing myself most days and when its really bad I can't even turn myself over in bed - I've been declined. Applied for a community care grant, was declined as I don't meet the criteria.

I've searched the house for things to sell on ebay, found a few things but not expecting them to bring in much. Still, every little helps.

So, I'm looking for any tips to bring in some cash to save so I can get a new mattress.

Anyone have any suggestions?
If you are not working and on your own or if neither you or your spouse is working or have below a certain income you qualify for income support. I would strongly advice you to go to your nearest CAB.
Thanks for the replies. I have been to the CAB and had an assessment from CUK. I live with my mother so no spouse and don't work. CAB said I'm claiming all I'm entitled too. CUK assessment was, TBH a waste of time.

But anyway, I take it from the replies nobody has any idea's for me?
Thanks for the replies. I have been to the CAB and had an assessment from CUK. I live with my mother so no spouse and don't work. CAB said I'm claiming all I'm entitled too. CUK assessment was, TBH a waste of time.

But anyway, I take it from the replies nobody has any idea's for me?
If you're living with your mum and have no other source of income than CA - like a working partner, for example - you should be able to receive Income Support.

As for money making tips, there are no quick answers: the only other option I can suggest is to look or something you can do part time that stays under the £100 a week threshold so you can keep your CA.
I know I should be able to receive it, all I can do is tell you I've applied several times and been denied every time.

I can't get a job, my mum needs 24 hour care. I'm not looking for a get rich quick scheme, was hoping maybe someone knew of jobs I could do from home etc.

Thanks anyway.
I was hoping someone might have had some ideas as well as I'm looking to earn some extra cash working from home, preferably using my computer. I'm hoping to build up some money as, since my father died, I've started to realise that my mam may not last too much longer. And I can't see me getting a job at my age and I can't retire until I'm 65.
I was hoping someone might have had some ideas as well as I'm looking to earn some extra cash working from home, preferably using my computer. I'm hoping to build up some money as, since my father died, I've started to realise that my mam may not last too much longer. And I can't see me getting a job at my age and I can't retire until I'm 65.

That's what I was hoping but I've been looking for weeks and not found anything that isn't a scam.

All I want is enough to buy a decent blooming mattress for myself. Maybe put a little away for a holiday. I've looked in a lot of forums, googled etc but as I said, everything seems to be a scam.
You could both try squidoo out http://www.squidoo.com/ I don't know what the pay is like mind because I've only been doing it for a few days but I'm enjoying myself and I'm busy so that's all I wanted it for Image
Hm...off the top of my head (so no links or anything more than I say right now, if I have time I'll have a look around for you)
Triond- Its a site that you post blogs/articles/anything on and you get paid by the amount of people that read your stuff. Problem- it pays like pennies, and it does go by how many people read your work, and i dont know if its still up (yeah, I'm sorry but this is off the top of my head and i will forget otherwise)

Tester- there is a website ( and I will try to find it, promise) that I read about in the money saving tips column in the newspaper. you sign up and they send out products. you test them, review them, and get paid.
also, checking out martin lewis might be a good idea. It was his column that I read about the tester stuff on.
Also, can you knit? Make cards? If you can, you could sell them on ebays or at fairs.
Its not much, I know. I'll have another think and get back to you. good luck

Found one! Martin Lewis' 60+ ways of boosting your income
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money
its got a work from home section that at a quick glance looks promising. hope it helps