[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hello - Carers UK Forum

Hello

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Evening all. My name is Ben and I have just joined the forum. I have been caring for my wife for, I guess, about the last seven or eight years. She has various issues. She is dyslexic and partially sighted. She suffers from depression and child abuse trauma. She suffers from type three ehlers danlos syndrome, which was previously diagnosed as ehlers-danlos syndrome. As far as I understand it these are close to being the same thing. Anyway, there she is, along with various generaly neurosis and a slightly worrying depedence on alcohol to relieve pain and anxiety. She is a good, kind person and goes her very best to take care of me in her turn, she works very hard, given her pain and fatigue. Anyway, that's me. Hello.
Hi Ben and a very warm welcome to the forum. Sounds like your wife has a lot of issues going on, there's lots of support and advice to be found on here and roll call on carer to carer is a good place to get to know us all.

Karen
Hi Ben and welcome Image
Hello Ben. Thanks for introducing yourself, and your wife. Can't say I have heard of that syndrome but then there's plenty I've never heard about ! Sounds quite a complex situation in terms of your wife's particular needs / condition. But, from the tone of your posting it does sound like you are generally coping well and have come to terms with your situation. Of course, I could be completely wrong !

Its really good to have you here. Please feel at home Image

Robert
Hi,
Welcome to the forum Image
I care for my Hubby who has Joint Hypermobility Syndrome (among other things), I know EDS is similar, but with complicated extras.
Best wishes
xx
Hi Ben, welcome to the forum.
We're a good crowd and you sound like a good guy Image glad you're with us. Hope the forum helps.
Hi and welcome to the Forum.Hope you find it useful and fun. Image Image Image
Hello everyone. Thanks all for your kind and generous welcomes, I do very much appreciate it. I think I shall benefit very much from being able to come here and I look forward to it.

Ben
Hi Ben,
Sorry I missed your post, welcome to the forum, hope it helps with the
isolation. Nice to have you with us.
Minnie Image
Hi Minnie,

Don't worry, I don't expect you to catch everything. I have been lamentably slow in responding to posts from you and others on this and other threads. Thanks for both of yours.