[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Worried about my carer brother - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Worried about my carer brother

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Sounds like a really stressful situation, and it is sad that your brother had to reach breaking point. I think there are many carers on here who have reached rock bottom, myself included. It is impossible for one person to care 24/7 and eventually something has to give. I really hope the situation can improve. It is amazing what a break can achieve and your brother is lucky to have a supportive family behind him.
I feel for you and your brother.I think carers feel guilty, somehow to blame and ashamed, feel weak etc. I think it must be so hard for men, my dad years ago was bullied really by my mum. It's the emotions isn't it, family or partners, they're supposed to love you and appreciate you and when they don't ( because of their own issues/situations) it really hurts, because we care.
It's like domestic abuse. I hope your brother finds some self worth coming back during these times and is able to remember his own value.
Some counseling might help both of them and you too.