[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
which way to turn - Carers UK Forum

which way to turn

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
hi im gary i look after my wife jenny,jenny has physical and mental health problems.i was getting housing and council tax benefit but recently lost a benefit my self £120 a month told the council straight away, next thing i know they have suspended my rebates and told me i have to pay full rent and council tax, phoned them up to explain and the next thing through the post is a letter saying im in areas. this has put a lot of stress on my wife who suffers from panic attacks depression, self harms and has suicidal thoughts. where do i turn to help
Hi Gary,
Welcome to the forums.

Is your council office local.
I suggest going there with your paperwork of what you receive and get them to talk you thr it.

This happened to me when my daughter moved out, i ended up £800 in arrears, and it was there error, but took me weeks to sort out. They did back pay it eventually.

Good luck.

Tracey.
hi tracey
thanks for the advice will do it monday. i give up phoning them
Good luck sorting this, i know how stressful it can be.
Make sure you get a receipt to prove you have been in to sort it. ( they should give you this anyway.)
Hi Gary, welcome and good luck.
thank your for the advice and support nice to know there are people out there who are willing to help and listen it brings a lot comfort to be able to speak to people who do not judge and criticise you
hi gary and wellcome do you have a local carers center you could try them to see if they can help in any way if not local council
hi Mr turk i will make some enquires need all the help i can get things are getting on top of me at the moment, not my usual self feel very down but can,t show it to my wife. not fair on her she has enough to cope with without me adding to it
hi gary yes we all get down at times its part of the job but if you stay on here some one will be abel to help you and you are not alone if you need a chat send me a private messagei will get back to you as soon as i can just click on pm Image
Hi Gary

do try ringing the Carers UK Adviceline - they can help you check that you and your wife are getting all the benefits to which you are entitled.

Details are here

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12838