[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What is a carer? - Page 8 - Carers UK Forum

What is a carer?

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
76 posts
Hi Owen, I hope the move goes well, I seem to think you are in South East Dorset? Make sure you treat yourself to some regular days off. The Bournemouth Air Show is great, and if you've never been before, do try and get to the Great Dorset Steam Fair. Arrive ax early as possible to avoid the queues.
It was a difficult decision but I promised dad I'd look after mum - and mum was in a dreadful state when dad passed on, falling over and all sorts. My one concession to myself is that I will not be looked upon as a health professional - I am not - I am an average Joe, if life gets really difficult I will be calling out for help just like anyone else would do - I am not taking everything onto my own shoulders, I am just caring as best as I can, and seeing that mum keeps her mind alert and doesn't vegetate: she'd like me to do everything for her and I have explained that doing this would not actually being helping her - some tough love there :-o

Many thanks
bowlingbun wrote:Hi Owen, I hope the move goes well, I seem to think you are in South East Dorset? Make sure you treat yourself to some regular days off. The Bournemouth Air Show is great, and if you've never been before, do try and get to the Great Dorset Steam Fair. Arrive ax early as possible to avoid the queues.
Many thanks. Early days - sunny ones at the moment :)
A good attitude to take Owen :)
Bernard is on line a little warm here.
What is going on I'm new too this.
76 posts