[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi everyone - Carers UK Forum

Hi everyone

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
You may be suprised to know that I am only in my late 30′s and my husband only turned 40 only last year. I've only been my husbands carer now for about 2 years, if someone told me that I would have to be my husbands carer I would laughed. Because it's not something I thought would ever happen. But it has and I'm trying my best to cope but it's hard, it's especially hard to see my husband in so much pain and changing as a person.

any way heres a list of my husbands health problems/conditions

• Several displaced vertebrea in his neck

• Dehydrated muscles in his neck and left shoulder

• Cervical Spondylosis (coupled with the above this also causes numbness of left arm with painful tingling in extremities),

• Thoracic Spondylosis,

• Chronic pain in lower back, the cause of which is still being investigated. This also causes muscle spasms and extreme pain in right and left buttock, both legs and up his back. Recently his right arm and hand have also started to shake and he often drops things from both hands,

• Osteoarthritis in both knees,

• Osteoarthritis and limited mobility in left foot caused by my left foot being shattered in a motorcycle accident in 1994. The side of the foot was also torn off (replaced with a large skin graft from my thigh) and the big toe partially severed.

• The above causes him constant severe pain and his knees often buckle causing him to fall, as does the pain in his back. He also has a neurological problem that makes his head think the floor is the wall and causes him to fall backwards without warning.

• He’s also had a prelim diagnosis of ME and Fibromyalgia. His Neurologist is almost sure (having ruled out MS), but we have lots of tests to go through before they’ll confirm it 100%

On top of all that (or maybe because of it!) he suffers from Anxiety, Depression, Agoraphobia and gets really bad panic attacks, mood swings and weird attacks that leave him hyperventilating, drenched in cold sweat, heart pounding, vision blurred, dizzy, disorientated and unable to move.

Seizures
Hi Samantha and welcome to the forum Image You will find lots of support here.

Oh! you have got a lot going on there! Do you have any help?
Welcome to the forum. The realisation that life is never going to be the same ever again has hit many of us. For me, it happened the day we were told our son was brain damaged at birth. I was terribly depressed for a long time, although I never told anyone quite how bad I felt, it's best described as grieving for our old lives. Dealing with someone with many health problems can be draining, physically and emotionally. I hope you are getting some outside help with the caring role, so you can get some time off. A few hours to yourself every week can make a huge difference. Also, make sure you are getting all the benefits which you are entitled to, money can make caring so much easier. Carers UK have a great helpline. Hope that helps.
Hi guys,

it may be worth you reading this post from my blog http://carersvent.wordpress.com/2012/11 ... ull-story/

thank you both for sharing, it's good to know I'm not the only one that feels a certain way.

Take care guys
Hi Samantha and welcome to the forum
Its tough when you suddenly discover that you have become a carer. It happened to me 18 years ago after my hubby was involved in a road traffic accident and got an acquired brain injury. Life has never been the same. I wish I had found this site long ago, it would have made everything so much easier.
Take care
Hi Samantha and welcome Image