Welcome to Carers Space and Matter members

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
76 posts
Nikki Carers UK wrote:Hi All,

It's so great to see many people popping over from Carers Space and we're so glad to have you on board. I hope you all make some great friendships with our existing users here and that we'll see our numbers grow.

Just to highlight the point of copying and pasting over other posts from Carers Space...

Both Carers Space and Carers UK forums have community rules and guidelines which do ask users to be respectful of others privacy. Copying over posts from Carers Space to Carers UK forums would breach the privacy guidelines and we would ask that users of either forum don't copy posts from either forum to post here or on Carers Space.

If new users (and existing ones too) need anything at all please contact the mods (green names) or the staff (red names) who will be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks
Nikki.
Hiya Nikki, I've only brought over stuff of mine which I have written myself that is without comments on carers.org and I think due to the fact carers.org have badly let me down by closing their site suddenly and the fact of me losing 6 days worth of writings on there it kind of gives me a right to take my own stuff where ever. I've read the rules of this site and if that applies to my own stuff I have personally written and also under the circumstances of actually losing my stuff due to the closure of carers.org then you could have P.M.ed me in private and not written in public. It's annoying t'is all.

Copyright protects your work and stops others from using it without your permission.

You get copyright protection automatically - you don’t have to apply or pay a fee. There isn’t a register of copyright works in the UK.

You automatically get copyright protection when you create:

original literary, dramatic, musical and artistic work, including illustration and photography
original non-literary written work, such as software, web content and databases
sound and music recordings
film and television recordings
broadcasts
the layout of published editions of written, dramatic and musical works
You can mark your work with the copyright symbol (©), your name and the year of creation. Whether you mark the work or not doesn’t affect the level of protection you have.

How copyright protects your work
Copyright prevents people from:

copying your work
distributing copies of it, whether free of charge or for sale
renting or lending copies of your work
performing, showing or playing your work in public
making an adaptation of your work
putting it on the internet
Hi Charm,

Hope you're well.
My comment is general and to all users.

I PM'ed you yesterday morning re-blogging so there should be a message from me in your inbox that you may have missed so feel free to get back to me when you have a mo.

Many thanks
Nikki
How do you post a pic from PC?
charm_1965 wrote:How do you post a pic from PC?
see here Charm

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/forum-gu ... mage-22400

x x
A bit hit or miss at times ... magpie up first time , a black cat takes patience ... even if that is a straight yellow card for some ????
Hi Rosemary & Charm

Rosemary Melly's instructions on that link are a little out of date. Since the last upgrade it's slightly different ! and I can't get her instructions to link an online image to work ? Probably me but I'll get Admin to check that out with the IT guys !!

@Charm -
1) Click on "Attachments" shown under the message pane
2) That will open the file on your PC where your photos are stored
3) Choose which photo you want to upload, click on 'open' on the photo file window
4) Details will then show in the filename box under the message pane - will have a green tick at the end if it's been accepted.
5) click on 'submit' (or preview if you want to check that you've got the right photo !)

please note that photos will always be added AFTER anything that you've typed in the message pane, they can't be placed "inline".

Also please check the size of photos before adding them; if they're too big they will appear absolutely huge, overwhelm the topic and throw out the formatting :shock: Ideally under 70KiB is usually OK.

Also there quite a few posts on "how to do" various things on the forum in the section towards the bottom of the main index in the "Forum Guide" section.
Thanks for that Sue and apologies to Charm for giving her an incorrect link.

x x
rosemary wrote:Thanks for that Sue and apologies to Charm for giving her an incorrect link.

x x
I've corrected the details in the link so it's up to date now :)
susieq wrote:
rosemary wrote:Thanks for that Sue and apologies to Charm for giving her an incorrect link.

x x
I've corrected the details in the link so it's up to date now :)

Attachments

Thanks, all I had to test it:)
76 posts