Welcome to Carers Space and Matter members

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
76 posts
Hi Susie ... those threads mentioned were very popular over at the CT.

In fact , without them , that Forum would have disappeared into the ether before it did.

If support over 'ere is needed , put me down for a " Yeh ".

Ideally , verbatim if a cut / paste job from the originals if they are available. Probably over there somewhere if not technically " Destroyed. "

And no , I'm not on a conmmission ... this time.
Chris From The Gulag wrote:Hi Susie ... those threads mentioned were very popular over at the CT.

In fact , without them , that Forum would have disappeared into the ether before it did.

If support over 'ere is needed , put me down for a " Yeh ".

Ideally , verbatim if a cut / paste job from the originals if they are available. Probably over there somewhere if not technically " Destroyed. "

And no , I'm not on a conmmission ... this time.
I do need to check it our first Chris as I'm not sure if the formats of the two forums are 'compatible' ! Also need to know the 'themes' so as to suggest a suitable 'home'. To cut 'n paste each post in either would probably take a great deal of time and will need the permission of all the posters involved. I think we've got a few days to come up with an answer as the CT forums close on 12th April.
I'm not sure if the formats of the two forums are 'compatible' !
Not only the forums , perhaps black and white as opposed to white and black , and never the twain shall meet ?

If one of the CT refugees is reading , and savvy with what's needed , green light for one of their number to get cutting and pasting , opening thread to house what's to come over ?

After all , nice sunny day , until the gloom descends come 3 o'clock , usuual reason.

Time to put one's feet up and let the serfs get on with it ?
What software or "Forum provider" are they on?

The Google Bots that stalk this Forum may know the answer :roll:
Only clue :
The site has been designed to W3C guidelines priority level 2.
Most sites would include a banner / note of the web designers.

Knowing the CT from way back , a commission charge still in the " To Do " file ?
Maybe they should have thought about the practicalities of merging, told everyone in advance of what they were doing, asking everyone what they would like to keep from the CT site, and then sorting out the technicalities of such things, rather than being so hush hush about it all and presenting both forums with a fait accompli?

I'm really not happy about the way it was done, although apparently the CUK is not happy about my attitude. It's all about motivational theory, if people are consulted about change, then they feel they have "ownership" of the change and the new arrangements. Not just told about what management has done after the event. I call that the "Like it or Lump it" approach. Democracy versus Dictatorship?
Welcome to the wonderful world of our supporting organisations !

Carers are united though caring.

Our supporting organisations have always been disunited through their versions of supporting.

With supporters like that .....

Meanwhile , upstarts like Trussells would welcome others in their specific field doing exactly the same as they are.

Where there is a fire , it's all hands to the pumps.

And there's been a fire raging through CarerLand for more than decade , with more fuel to be added after the Carers Strategy ?

Black clouds on the horizon , must be approaching 3 o'clock ?
Its worth pointing out that the same could happen to this forum. Unlikely I hope, but true all the same . It's a free service run by a charity that has no legal responsibility or contract to provide such.
This forum, and others, have become vital lifelines and are one of the best uses of technology I can think of. Carers are time limited, isolated and often nearly housebound. The friendship and support they provide is immeasurable.
Long may it continue
The last post was important for all readers , and on more than one level.

Part of which fitted perfectly into a couple of threads now lost with the demise of the Carers UK : Your Organisation section.

As for the continuation of the forum , no one on here would have an adverse word to say. As mentioned before , it's the only gathering place in town.

We should all be grateful that a charity did step into the void when and the way they did.

For some , always that stigma of feeling nothing other than a charity case ?
Just wanted to add my welcome for new members transferring over from CarersTrust. The transition may take a little getting used to, different set up, different people, but like others have said before me, we are united in that we are all carers.

Some of you may 'lurk' before posting, but please feel free to dip your toes when you feel comfortable doing so. If any questions you can ask them here or contact one of the moderators ( our names are in green ).

x x
76 posts