[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
The forum is new to me. - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

The forum is new to me.

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I've slways believed that it is better to put the phone down than have a heated argument with officialdom. Happened many times with Social Services, not just once. Having spent a lot of time in the company of steam engineers, I am extremely familiar with "industrial language". I'm always anxious thst in a heated debate I might revert to using it!
We had a meeting at Children's Services HQ about my fears because my late wife was taking the boys out along an A road,though she was confined to a wheelchair,and Owen was running away from her back home to me.
They assured me they were "monitoring" the situation.The next day,Owen ran home again.And the next day,and two days later.He has no comprehension of road safety and is assessed as always needing able-bodied carers.In fact his mum had written the statement of his capacity for the DLA claim...
I phoned the Ass.Director of Social Services,who refused to act.It was evident that no pleas would change his attitude.I was subsequently taken to court and told by the judge that if I phoned the NSPCC it would be taken as emotional abuse of my wife.I had to sign the first of several non-molestation orders on that basis.
I really don't know how social services can end up that way.
They are a law unto themselves. Often untrained, inexperienced workers have positions of responsibility. Every now and then you get a good one, but they are over worked and put upon and usually move onto working for charities...

Melly1