[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Newbie needs help please - Carers UK Forum

Newbie needs help please

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi everyone I'm new to the site and would appreciate some advice. I am currently trying to recruit staff for my son and would like to find out a) if I can advertise on here and b) where everyone else recruits from. My son has severe learning difficulties and very complex health needs and I need 2 PA's to get him back into school but I'm terrified of the standard of applicant the jobcentre might throw at me! Please help, thank you
This is surely the responsibility of the Education and Social Services Department ?!
Claire_1612 wrote:Hi everyone I'm new to the site and would appreciate some advice. I am currently trying to recruit staff for my son and would like to find out a) if I can advertise on here and b) where everyone else recruits from. My son has severe learning difficulties and very complex health needs and I need 2 PA's to get him back into school but I'm terrified of the standard of applicant the jobcentre might throw at me! Please help, thank you

Hello Claire and welcome to the forum.

Sorry, but answer to question (a) is no :( Carers UK is not in a position to act as an employment agency - the forum is a place for those caring for family/friends to find peer support from others in the same position and, as such, I doubt are in a position (or indeed would want) to take on further caring responsibilities.

With regard to question (b) - I'd suggest trying your local authority as they should have a list of approved carers in your area. Alternatively you could try local care agencies in your area.