[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance decision - Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance decision

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Does anyone know how long it's taking at the moment to get the decision letter after applying for carers allowance? :) thanks
When did you apply?
30th of August 2016.
I know the turn round time used to be about 6 weeks, so it shouldn't be too long now. If you haven't heard in 2 weeks, give them a ring. However, if the benefit is granted, it will be back dated to when you first applied.
I was waiting for 8 weeks & when I rang they said because of a back log of applications the waiting time would 9 weeks plus. I contacted my local MP by email that morning, his secretary rang me 2 hours later & said she would look into it. Carers office rang me next morning and claim was accepted that afternoon! God knows how long i'd of been waiting without contacting the MP!! Maybe worth a try if not heard within the 6 weeks?
When was that Nicola? When I applied it said I would hear in 4 weeks! :(

Thank you for your replies :D
Staff were probably taking time off for the school holidays.
I got it today!!! Backdated 17 weeks!! :D
Congratulations. Make sure you use some of it for something special for yourself.
Good to hear! A long delay for some reason so even more reason to treat yourself.