[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Saying hello - Carers UK Forum

Saying hello

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello everyone

I'm Anne, 44 and am full-time carer to my son Stuart who is 17, we live in the Isle of Man. He was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome in May this year when he dropped out of sixth form. He has suffered numerous mental health problems due to his missed diagnosis - depression, anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, OCD.

I gave up work to become his carer and although I would do so again in a heartbeat, the reality of our new situation is really hitting home. I am exhausted, depressed (on anti-depressants), have money troubles, incredibly bored and lonely and am struggling adjusting to our new life.

I feel ashamed and that I shouldn't type these things but I can honestly say that this is the most difficult and challenging thing that I have ever had to adjust to in my life.

Sorry for the negative introduction but I am looking forward to meeting you all and moving forward to a different but positive life.

Thanks, Annexx
I feel ashamed and that I shouldn't type these things but I can honestly say that this is the most difficult and challenging thing that I have ever had to adjust to in my life.

Sorry for the negative introduction but I am looking forward to meeting you all and moving forward to a different but positive life.
Morning Anne,

Welcome to the forum. This is a place that when you enter the 'door' you meet many others who understand how you feel.You have nothing to be ashamed of and by no means is it a negative introduction. You have in effect posted an honest post on how adjusting to caring has affected you.So many here whether they actively post or 'lurk' will relate to all you said.

If you get time to read other sections on the board you will soon feel at home and you will wonder what you did before joining here.

Whether you post once an hour,once a day,once a week etc, I am sure that before long you will feel the benefits
Hi Anne and welcome the the forum.

I also have a son who is 17 and high functioning Autism. He goes to college now and is not doing too badly overall.

I'm in the northwest too but in a mainland seaside town.

Always happy to chat about our boys when and if you want to.

Lynne xx
Welcome to the forum Anne Image
I am mental health Carer too (for my husband).
Hello Anne,

Welcome to the forum Image
Hi Anne and welcome Image
Come in, pull up a chair and let it all out, guaranteed support from lots of people who know where you are coming from Image
Thank you all for the lovely welcome Image I'm glad I joined Image
Hello movingforward,

You’re in safe hands here please feel free to express yourself !
Hi Anne and welcome.

I gave up work 3 years ago to look after my mum full time who lives with me. I wanted to do it as I didnt want to put her in a home ( she is severely disabled and has severe dementia) and like you would do it again in a heartbeat but I also get incredibly bored and lonely.

I worked for the NHS and had a wonderful job and great colleagues and still miss them all. Every day now is like Groundhog day!!

You will find lots of people on here to chat to, including me! Image
my dear Anne a warm welcome you will find many freinds on here who will offer good advice tips etc as I have
This is a brill site and you will be glad you joined 1 ) regret u might ask yourself why did I not join sooner coffeex