[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New to forum - Carers UK Forum

New to forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi all my name is rachel
I have looked after mum for many years both mum and dad before that i reduced my hours at work then my bosses got fed up with my caring roll interfearing and talked me in to giving up job.mum who has mental health issues as well as physical problems. Due to the mental health issues means i do not get out and havn't spoken to anouther person other than mum for 10 days now. Because of the lenth of time since i left work i lost contact with my friends who have given up and my fiance didn't understand and left and i have no other family as such i do love my mum but it's lonely. As i know people here are in the same boat so just trying to find other human interaction just because i have forgotten what it is. Sorry about the waffling. Image
Hallo Rachel and welcome to the forum

Have a look around and post where ever you would like. Theres a lot of topics in the social area and most of us can be found on Roll Call in the members area. Its a chatty thread with lots of things being discussed - do come and join us Image
Hi and welcome Image
I look after my mum too. Caring can be/ is very lonely and isolating. There are a few of us on the forum who know all about the friends giving up!
India.x
Hi Rachel and welcome Image
Join in anywhere Image
hi rachel, welcome,
Hello Rachel,
Im new too & have lost nearly all my friends because i care for my Dad, there is always someone on here to listen.
hi rachel and welcome to forum