[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Respite Care - Carers UK Forum

Respite Care

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi,

I am new to the forum, although have been a member of Carers UK for some time. I am a fulltime carer for my mum who suffers with mild alzheimers and is disabled through polio as a child.

I would like to ask other members for any advice experience that they have for arranging respite care. I have been assessed by the local council as allowed up to 42 days respite care per year. However, achieving this seems at times almost an impossibility. Whenever I request some dates through social services they continually drag their heels when it comes to booking it. This causes me untold worry and distress, particularly if I am going to be away for the dates concerned. Often the dates are only finally confirmed just a few days before the time.

Does anybody else have a similar problem or can anyone offer helpful advice or alternatives for this. For instance does anybody arrange their respite care through the direct payments systems and if so how does that work out for them.

Look forward to hearing any advice soonest.
Hi Rose,

Welcome to the forum Image Have you tried giving our Adviceline a ring? It's open on Wednesday and Thursday from 10-2 and 2-4 (0808 808 7777). I'm sure our forum members will be along shortly with some advice for you as well,

Best Wishes,

Felicity
Thanks Felicity I will give that a try.
Hi Rose and welcome Image
Hello Rose.

Welcome to the site x