[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance - Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi why is you only earn &110 in top of your carers iam a single mum i care foe my son iam wanting to go back to work.only last week i was offord a job but it was 24hours a week i had to turn it down cause ofy carers .if u come off carers how easy is it to get back on it?its so hard i feel iam being penlised foe wanting to go back to work .has any body else had this experince?thanks joanne x
The new limit for Carers Allowance from April this year is £116 per week - it has nothing to do with the number of hours you work.

Have a look here:
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... -allowance

You can contact the Carers UK Helpline for advice on how best to maximum the amount you earn - i.e. what deductions you can make to keep within the £116 limit (things like child care and personal pension plan payments).
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

Freephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.