[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Relieved and happy to find you! - Carers UK Forum

Relieved and happy to find you!

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello,

My name's Steve 60 years old and caring, together with my older sister, for my 91 year old mother. I've been claiming Carer's Allowance for about 2-3 years but the last 15 months have become more stressful. Mum has the upper level Attendance Allowance. She owns and lives in her own home and I also live with her permanently now.
More details later and I'll certainly be posting onto the forum shortly but before I do I'll be searching through the topics when I get a few moments to see if any of my questions have already been raised and answered.
This is just to introduce myself to this great site and although I can't say I'm at the end of my tether yet with regard to caring I'm glad I found you now rather than later. I've already picked up useful information here in the Help and Advice section and I only found you yesterday!

Thank you CarersUK
Hi Steve,
And welcome. Great to hear you are already finding the site useful.
Melly1
Welcome Steve

Yes, it is a very supportive site.
Don't hesitate to share your queries.

I have looked after my mother in my home for just under 3 years (she is now age 90) and visited and supported Mum in her own home for the 20 or more years before that.

It has been quite exhausting and stressful at times, but I couldn't have managed without Care workers coming in to help.
My mother has now chosen to go into a care home to see if she would like to stay there permanently, with the option of coming back to my home.
I have been lucky that it is only 10 mins away down the road.

There are alot of experienced carers on this site to offer support and advice

Regards
Christina