[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What is the cost to me - Carers UK Forum

What is the cost to me

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
What has it done to me ? Well !

no job,no friends,no holidays no hobbies .no financial security.and of course no down time.
just a few things .

Do not forget poor diet and too much drink.

From a fit easy going mid 50's Bloke to a bad tempered cynical man in less than five years.

regards

PS

I think I may need help advice
thanks for reading this.

David
Hi David
I hope you can gain something from our friendly community. Try and read through a few of the threads. There is a very helpful one on tips to relax, unwind and pick your spirits up somewhere on here. Even just sharing some of your story can take the pressure off and reduce your solitude. A lot of us there is no one in the "real world" that understands but on here despite our varied backgrounds we understand the pressures caring can bring.

Edited -
http://www.carersuk.org/forum/support-a ... mood-12505
Here is the link-some very random thoughts , even if none seem doable right now , they might give you some ideas or ways to challenge your thoughts.
Hope you stay with us. :)
Hi David, welcome to the forum. Would you like to tell us a bit more about your situation? Who do you care for? What help, if any, are you getting at the moment? Have you ever had a Carers Assessment from Social Services?
Hello and welcome to a bad tempered cynical man ;) :D

Cynical I can empathise with.........at its best cynicism can be viewed as the start of the road to pragmatism, me thinks? And pragmatism can be a much more comfy place to be.
Before you chuck bricks at me....take a deep breath out, the in breath will follow naturally. And hopefully you will then realise that I mean well. One small step for man, a giant leap for mankind huh?!

As someone said to me onhere a long long long time ago.....
Caring Ain't for Sissies.

Xx
Sorry duplication, forum sticky and taking an age .....hence can't delete duplicate opposts right now immightbtry later if I have time.
I'm beginning to think the forum isn't working brilliantly. Having read DIR's post, I've found posts are taking longer than usual to go from my 'puter to the forum. I think I can't have sent it properly, then send it again, only to be told it's a duplicate post. Do we have a Christmas Elf causing problems somewhere?
@ Dancedintherain & Bowlingbun

Yes ladies there does appear to be a gremlin in the works ! I've highlighted it to admin a number of times over the last few weeks but so far IT haven't been able to pinpoint what's wrong. I've even advised of the exact times that the forum is running slow (usually between noon and about 2pm) but still no luck - they think it might be connected to the time that it automatically updates itself. If you notice the forum is running slow, hold off re-submitting as you'll end up with a duplicate (or even triplicate) post !

In the meantime I'll continue to remove any duplicate posts that appear :)
Hi David,

I can relate to your feelings of cynicism and frustration. I have been a carer for my husband for 7 years and feel sometimes that I 'lost' my 20s to it. Do you mind me asking who you care for? And are you getting any extra support from LA or family?

Jess