[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: VASCULAR DEMENTIA - Carers UK Forum

Re: VASCULAR DEMENTIA

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello everyone,
I'm a reluctantly retired Painter & Decorator. I had a thriving business until my wife Jill (44yrs married today!) was diagnosed with Vascular Dementia in April 2006. I have looked after her 24-7 ever since. Except for a much needed break when we moved house. She went into a council run home for a fortnight while I decorated etc. I found it all very frustrating, tiring, boring & downright depressing. I also felt bereaved as the love of my life had all but gone. Instead was this familiar stranger. Fortunately she has improved somewhat since then. making life much easier. Tho I'm still caring full time. My daughter bought me a book on caring. I felt as if it saved my life! So many of you far far worse off than us!! The book was called: "The Selfish Pig's GUIDE to Caring" by Hugh Marriott. Very sad yet very funny. I also started to use a computer for the first time. This to helped to keep me sane and I found this site! Hope I haven't 'gone on' too much?
Take care ( no pun intended)
Pete the Paint Image
Hi Pete

Welcome to the forum - glad you made it at last! No doubt our other members will be along to welcome you in due course.

Best wishes

Christine
Welcome aboard, Pete!

Firstly, you're right - The Selfish Pig's guide is an excellent read and very true about many things.

Secondly, your post was not long enough to count as "going on" - let alone too much!

If you feel like a rant, this is the place! Image