[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New and struggling - Carers UK Forum

New and struggling

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi, I am new here. My partner has been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for the last 6 years. He has always had a short fuse, but his anxiety causes major anger episodes. He can go from 0 to a 100 in a second and nothing seems to help. I have lost count of the number of times I have had to leave the house, as much for his sake as much as mine, but as I don't have anywhere to go, I just walk the streets, sometimes for hours. Only a couple of close friends know about this, but they have never witnessed his temper in full flow and I don't think they understand how bad it gets. Every one of these episodes, seems to destroy me a little bit more, even though I know he didn't 't ask or want to be like this. Just hoping that it will help to talk to others on here.
Hi Jean, welcome to the forum. I don't have anyone in my family with MH issues, but I've been a carer for 36 years, and know how hard it is to keep positive at times. I suggest you first go and see your GP, if you haven't already. Ask him for some counselling and general help. Also ask Social Services for a Carers Assessment. How old is your partner? Is he able to work? Is he angry with anyone else, or is it reserved for you?
Welcome, and yes, some of us keep late hours!
Any idea what triggers these attacks? Work pressure or financial stress? Children? And do you feel that your own physical safety is threatened?