[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
I'm New - Carers UK Forum

I'm New

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi Folks,

I am new to the forum, I live in Surrey. I have my parents both living with me and my husband. They are in their 80's and doing well for their age. It will be great to chat to others , to get ideas on how to enrich my parents lives.

Jackie Image
Hi Jackie and welcome Image

Sounds like you are doing a lot for your parents already. Am sure you'll find this site helpful.

All good wishes,

Robert
Hi Jackie and welcome Image
Give them as much work as you can: gardening, cooking, peeling spuds, washing, ironing, cleaning, childminding, real hard useful work, not silly OT stuff like fingerpainting. And fill their lives with live culture and sport from all directions, football, pub lunches, darts and quizzes, Opera, bowls, crazy golf, cinema, festivals, you name it.
The TV kills more people than any medieval plague.. and if all else fails you can allways fall back on that tried and trusty "Sunday drives in the country with Historic House and tea-room thrown in" LOL!
Do try to involve them in family and local issues and problems, even attend meetings and so on, because the more they are isolated, the more remote and depressed they will become.

And Audrey, do cut out this "Over 60's" stuff, I'm at that Xroads in 2014 and I am planning to visit every major rock festival in Europe to celebrate and spend the winter ski-ing with a string of mistresses half my age. Some of us oldies are not taking this crap lying down, you know, Berlusconi rocks!
Hi andwelcome.Hope you find the Forum as useful and fun as i do. Image Image Image