[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
panic attacks and anxiety after mum passed away - Page 8 - Carers UK Forum

panic attacks and anxiety after mum passed away

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
85 posts
bowlingbun wrote:I was really reliant on them for a few months.
In my case it was a bit complicated because I was nearly killed in an RTA 3 months after my husband died, and was in pain for 5 years before I had 2 knee replacements. However, as I only have one kidney now, I wasn't allowed much pain relief, so the only way I could get any sleep was to take the Amitryptilene. Like you then, not at all straightforward.
I've had a really tough time recently, my son with learning difficulties has had endless problems. As a result, I've got some more pills, but only take them if I've had a few bad nights in a row. I can now tell when I'm so tired I'm no good to anyone any more.
FLIPPING HECK !!!!!!!!!! HOW HORRENDOUS IS THAT !!!!! I am sorry you have had to go through all that, I really am. Does your son live with you ? All this stress is just crushing. X

Judi
Hi Judi

Hope each day Is bringing you a bit more strength and sunshine and when you go to Antibes send my regards. Not sure of your dates but you may be there when they have the Jazz Festival in Juan Les Pins. Worth a visit !

I have sent you a PM. Do let me know what you think.

Best regards

SS
jenny lucas wrote:Judi, remember that propranol is a beta blocker, and therefore a heart pill! Coming off it or reducing your dosage could increase your blood pressure. Just a thought! (ie, factor this in with the doctor) (I believe it acts to reduce the system's production of adrenaline - ie, why you feel less anxious on it! - but a surge of adrenaline could increase your blood pressure!)(which is why it's a heart pill!)
Hi jenny,

Went to doctor this morning, she prescribed me 10mg Amitriptyline to be taken 1 at night, she said if I was OK on them, not dizzy then I could increase to 2 each night .... I was on Amitriptyline before I was put on propanolol ( for monthly jaw pain ) and I was absolutely fine, after talking to a few people they have all said that they have either been on them orrrrr they are still on them. Anyway I will see how I get on, I NEED sleep desperately !!!!!!!

Judi :-) :-)
I'm 5ft 10in and well built, but one Amitryptilene makes me float through the next day, so go steady with them. However, remember if you are starved off sleep, then once you start to relax your body will want to sleep and sleep. Once you start sleeping better at night, nothing seems so bad.
bowlingbun wrote:I'm 5ft 10in and well built, but one Amitryptilene makes me float through the next day, so go steady with them. However, remember if you are starved off sleep, then once you start to relax your body will want to sleep and sleep. Once you start sleeping better at night, nothing seems so bad.
Whoaaaaa.... I 10mg at 8pm .... Fell zzzzzzz about 9.30pm and I've JUST woken at 9.30am !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Boy ohh boy did I need zzzzzzzz .......
Feel BIT groggy but maybe that's coz I kind of woke with a start !!

I took them about a year ago, I used to be able to get up at 5am when I took them !! But then again I didn't have hours and hours of zzzzz to catch up on !!

Thank you for your advice, maybe I will do as you did and cut 1 in half !!

Judi :-)
My friend is on these tablets , she takes them for facial pain after shingles and she had to have an operation to replace jaw bone , painful, very painful, she is on them and takes 50mg plus an extra 25mg ...... She said they work perfect for her .... :-)
My pharmacist said that I'd be fine after a coffee in the morning. I did find that once I'd had breakfast, with half a tablet I was OK, but never drove before 10am, and found any meetings were better in the afternoon when the little grey cells were wide awake.
I'm glad they have helped, if you think back to how many bad nights you had with mum towards the end, and then sorting things out, it's a huge backlog of lost sleep to catch up on. Think of this as a period when you are "treading water", your life as a carer is over, and your new life is to come, when you are ready.
bowlingbun wrote:My pharmacist said that I'd be fine after a coffee in the morning. I did find that once I'd had breakfast, with half a tablet I was OK, but never drove before 10am, and found any meetings were better in the afternoon when the little grey cells were wide awake.
I'm glad they have helped, if you think back to how many bad nights you had with mum towards the end, and then sorting things out, it's a huge backlog of lost sleep to catch up on. Think of this as a period when you are "treading water", your life as a carer is over, and your new life is to come, when you are ready.
The pharmacist said I would feel lot better in afternoon, which I did ( grogginess disappeared ) ..... I was supposed to go to a friends house tonight but I've cancelled ( feel TERRIBLE for doing so )because I wanted to make sure I got into a pattern with these tablets, I can't remember for the life in me just what the situation was when I was on them before, I must have just opened my mouth, thrown a tablet down my gullet and breezed along with my evening !!!!!!!!
Anyway, they have taken the taken the crippling anxiety feelings away AND enabled me to sleep...... THATS the main thing., not how i felt when taking them 12months ago.....

Yes, you are right, my life as a carer is over, its just a matter of coming to terms with that very fact, boy ohhhh boy its a physical illness.... And I'm not being dramatic ...... It is literally an illness......

Than! You for your comments, help and advice, believe you me, it is VERY much appreciated..

When you wake up (as long as you are not desperate for the bathroom!) allow yourself to wake up gently, stretch, relax, think nice thoughts - for me it was walking along my favourite beach in Australia - and make sure you are relaxed all over. Tell yourself it's OK to relax now, there is nothing to get into a rush for.
Gradually retrain your body.Perhaps take a book to read in the morning for a while before getting up properly. The world won't end just because you fancied having a lie in until 9/10/11am, but maybe think about getting out of bed when it reaches midday?!!!
Maybe think about it as a "holiday at home" or "Staycation"? Once you've done this for a while hopefully your body will say "It's OK, come on, lets do something nice now" because it's energised again.
bowlingbun wrote:When you wake up (as long as you are not desperate for the bathroom!) allow yourself to wake up gently, stretch, relax, think nice thoughts - for me it was walking along my favourite beach in Australia - and make sure you are relaxed all over. Tell yourself it's OK to relax now, there is nothing to get into a rush for.
Gradually retrain your body.Perhaps take a book to read in the morning for a while before getting up properly. The world won't end just because you fancied having a lie in until 9/10/11am, but maybe think about getting out of bed when it reaches midday?!!!
Maybe think about it as a "holiday at home" or "Staycation"? Once you've done this for a while hopefully your body will say "It's OK, come on, lets do something nice now" because it's energised again.

Just read your post, hahahaha..... I woke at 6.30am ..... Made a cuppa and picked up my book ( not literally a 'book' .... Its downloaded on my tab ) anyway, I made a cuppa, came back bed, picked up my 'book' ( set in South France ...Nice work if you can get it - Celia Imrie ) and began reading, telling myself I AINT MOVING FROM MY BED ..... So here I am, then I break off from my 'book' and look at this site and see that I am being given likeminded advice by your good self .... Hahahaha....
Thank you....

Your favourite beach in Australia !!!!!! Oooooooo, do tell of your exploits :-) :-)

85 posts