[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carers allowance, Time 4 change - Carers UK Forum

Carers allowance, Time 4 change

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
My name is sharon, mother of Alex, 27 with Downs syndrome. This is my first time of writing in the forum. I've not had much to do with organisations in the past and managed to organise everything myself. You can do that when they are young but as they get older you realise you need help. My main reason for joining is to raise awareness about the fact that to be able to get carers allowance the cut off point of earning i.e £100 is far too low and keeps people like myself with a low income. I work jolly hard, both in work and at home. I save the government thousands of pounds probably per week and I think it is about time they help people like me. I work 20 hours and earn £120. Some people say work a few hours less then. The point is that the rules should change to a more realistic amound of money you are allowed to earn like £150. My son is still cared for the same but we just have more to do. Anybody feel the same?
Hi Sharon and welcome to the forum.

I think you'll find most of us agree with that one! Image
Welcome to the forum Sharon
Hi Sharon and welcome to the forum.

I think you'll find most of us agree with that one! Image
I second that Image Image
Welcome to the forum Sharon.

3rded
Hello and welcome to the forum Image
Hi Sharon and welcome Image
Hi Sharon and welcome Image
Hello and welcome Image
Hi Sharon - and absolutely agree with you Image
Hi Sharon, my son is 15, also has DS, and I'm in the same boat. The earnings limit is a national disgrace, it's like a tax on caring.