[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
newbie LOST! - Carers UK Forum

newbie LOST!

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi everyone, as you can tell from my inventive title I'm new to this site. My partner suffers with severe anxiety and depression which has spun more out of control since the birth of our daughter. (Now 8 months) I was really hoping someone might be going/ have gone through a similar experience....
He has just managed to go back to work after 4 months when he had a break down, so I found myself caring for both him and a baby. (In turn I've now joined the mental health party with PND) due to his past he openly admits that he'll always put himself first so I know it's not intentional but it's really tough sometimes always coming last in the house pecking order. Despite my own mental health difficulties I have to keep going for the sake of our daughter and partner. I'm not meaning to sound like a martyr and this is probably a really scrambled account but I have to hold my emotions in all the time so now I have word vomit. I feel like he has the support of his counsellor and therapist and me whilst I'm just floundering. does anyone else ever feel like this or am I being really mean?
Thank you if you've made it to the end of my moan. :D
Hi and welcome. I expect someone with relevant experience will pick this up, but all I can say is that you are in the right place here: a safe zone, and feel free to vent.
Welcome!

You aren't being mean at all. Have you sought help for the PND? You are handling both your own poor mental health and his (and looking after a baby!), so really ought to be getting some support for yourself.
My health visitor was really good, plus I have also suffered with anxiety on and off since I was 14 so I am quite good at recognising my triggers etc. But more often I just go in to my carer role which generally distracts me for a bit. - I really must sound quite maudlin! Thank you for your replies though, it's really nice to be heard xxx
Dear Kari,
kari_1502 wrote:I have also suffered with anxiety on and off since I was 14 so I am quite good at recognising my triggers etc. But more often I just go in to my carer role which generally distracts me for a bit.
I can relate.
I'm new here too and I'm here for you! :)

In need of somthing to lift those spirits? Somtimes the simple things get over-looked.
Put on some music or the radio as your going about that daily grind. It helps.

Want to go deeper? Let it all out girl! SING! :D

Hugs,
Amumu.
Thanks Amumu, you are so right the little things do cheer you up. I hope things are going ok for you? X
No your not being mean. My hubby looks after me when imunwell. I will get him to post on here tomorrow. He particularlh had the stress of looking after me and our baby who is grown up now. When i had pnd after he was born and he held it all together. So quite relevent for him to say instead of me
kari_1502 wrote:Thanks Amumu, you are so right the little things do cheer you up. I hope things are going ok for you? X
Heya Kari :)

Had a very hard 24 hours.. I posted here but just deleted the post as things have improved.
I was having to question if I could go on being a carer... I joined very recently as I'd hit breaking point, well it broke... but I fixed it. :)

There is a difference now tho - being a part of the CarersUK community, reading other peoples problems, helping each-other and being helped (thank you for those who have already) has given me that extra strength and hope that one alone can't sustain indefinately.

Hugs all 'round,
Amumu.
I'm glad things have resolved themselves now. I find that's the big thing with caring that things can become really extreme for a while but then can as quickly return to a kind of normal. I too find just posting on here helps a bit. I know no one can "fix" anything but as clichéd as it is, it helps knowing your not the only one in this position.

Xxx