[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Newbie here....Mum cares for Grandma, who we both live with. - Carers UK Forum

Newbie here....Mum cares for Grandma, who we both live with.

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
My Grandma was diagnosed with having vascular dementia a couple of weeks ago after exhibiting worrying symptoms for over a year beforehand.

I've registered both me and my Mum to this site because I think it might help both of us come to terms with what is going on at the moment (most of the time, I just feel like it's a terrible nightmare that I'm not going to wake up from) and maybe being able to talk to other people who are in similar situations to us may 'normalise' the experience a bit.
hi adele and wellcome to the foram my mum had dementie but she was in a nuresing home but i youst to go up when i could i took her out for day trips i care for my wife but some one will come on owe knows more take care Image Image
Hi Adele and welcome Image
Hi and welcome to the forums.

Not in your situation but wanted to say hello. Image
Hi Adele

Welcome to the forum to you and your mum
I look after my hubby but my dad who is cared for by my mum has vascular dementia
Like most carers you have your work cut out , but welcome to you both we are here to help , dont know much about the condition you say but if there is any advice that I can give about anything , just ask only to pleased to help , as I am sure others on here , so for now will send some of these Image Image Image Image
Wow, thanks for the lovely welcomes, guys. Still don't know if Mum is going to join me on here or not, but fingers crossed! Image Thanks again!
Hello and welcome Adele,

My caring situation is different but we still share a lot of commonalities as carers and I'm sure you'll be blessed by the support and encouragement of these forums.

Take care

Debbie