[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Newbie Care Home carer - what's the pay like?? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Newbie Care Home carer - what's the pay like??

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi Geraldine
Welcome to the forum Image

You'll meet a lot of lovely people here, and some interesting discussions too.

Cheryl x
Thanks Cheryl,

I've certainly had some already!!

Gerrie x Image
Newbie Care Home carer - what's the pay like
Pay is rubbish but in my case i care for the wife so i get to sleep with the boss. Image
He he he, it's great we still maintain a good sense of humour huh!!??
Before my mum died I cared for three old and/or disabled family members under the one roof for the CA. I always said it should be like Tescos "Buy one, get one free," but in the case of the BA it was more pay for care of one and sneak another two in at the same time and hope nobody notices.

Before I gave up work to care I was 22 years in a psychiatric hospital ( as staff I must add) and seven in residential care for adults with learning disabilities.

Happy posting Geraldine and welcome to the forum

Take care
Meg
Thanks Johnboy - very much appreciated comment. It's hard as I never discuss my sons illnesses with my colleagues as I fear my job may be affected.

I find that people may view me as bitter pr needy of sympathy (like some people apparently are on here - see comment below) and I would never wish to be viewed like that. I love my kids, my role as a mum/carer, and care worker and cannot envisage life any other way.

Merry Christmas to you too

Gerrie

You're welcome.Yeah i can imagine its hard for you not to be able to discuss your sons illnesses with your colleagues.I dunno how it would affect your job though.Why should people view you as being bitter.If people take that view then they are the ones that are being bitter not you.
You can say that again Meg! BOGOF - if it's not one person it's another making life hard eh?

Yeah, vocation is certainly the word - some we choose, other we inherit

Gerrie xx
Hi Gerrie and welcome to the forum Image
Hi Gerrie and welcome
Merry Christmas Gerrie and welcome to the this great forum. Image

Pete