[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Newbie - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Try contacting Beacon with regard to CHC - they do charge eventually if they get involved, but they offer a free consultation, and I'm sure I looked at their charging rates quite some time ago and they were nowhere near what you are seeing from solicitors.

https://www.beaconchc.co.uk/
Thanks Ajay I did use their freephone number for advice a little while back but I could not get through same with age concern, their legal advice hotline just went dead, the only ones I seem to be able to contact are those who charge premium rates.
Well I have attended the best interests meeting today and went as expected, the social workers refused my wishes to have father return home after respite care, and have enacted IMCA and the Court of Protection, Now what do I do now stay and fight or run and hide up in the hills? Or is it already too late to flee anyway? They are also planning to move my father into a care home with nursing care as his physical health is deteriorating especially his left leg with cellulitis. Any ideas folks? The meeting lasted 1.5 hrs. I hope other ppls council tax was not used to pay for the meeting. Because essentially it was just SS flexing their muscles with their friends in the medical community.