[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Newbie - Carers UK Forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi all my name is Chris and I am the main carer for my wife Suzanne who has suffered from the condition gastroparesis for the last 6 years. The condition basically means that she has a paralysed gut and food cannot transit through it. She is in pain at all times and cannot eat solid foods. She has flare ups at leastone a week that necessitate a trip to our local A&E for pain relief after she has exhausted the list of needs that she can take at home. She requires help with her mobility and is registered disabled. We also have 2 teenage sons and I also work full time to keep the family afloat.
Welcome to the forum Chris.

Caring can be a socially isolating experience if you don't have contact with other carers.

I hope that the forum will help you not to feel alone.
Hello Chris and welcome to the forum :)
Hi Chris, it sounds as if you have a lot to juggle. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Melly1
Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. Your wife's condition sounds very difficult to live with. Do you get any help at all? Does your son belong to a Young Carers Group?
Hi Chris and welcome.

I'm in a similar situation as I'm my wife's carer; she is disabled following spinal surgery and in severe chronic pain. I also work full time.

Try and look after yourself as it is difficult juggling work and caring.

Have you had a carer's assessment and your wife a needs assessment yet?