[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New Year's Resolution - Carers UK Forum

New Year's Resolution

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I care for my elderly father who has very limited mobility and is increasingly frail. Like many carers I have gradually slipped into the role. My father lives over 200 miles from my house which makes life complicated. He is staying with us at the moment but we will need to decide on a long term solution that works for us all.

My New Year’s resolution for 2008 is to make contact with other carers and to decrease my feelings of isolation. Joining the Carers UK forum is my first step – I feel better already.

Regards
Allison
Welcome to the forum Allison. I'm a full time carer for my elderly Mum who lives with me.

Look forward to hearing more about you and your family.

Wishing you all a peaceful and safe New Year.

Paula xx
Hi Allison and welcome to the forum.

Watch out for Paula and Rosemary though - your chocolate biscuits won't be safe!

(Ducks behind big sign saying
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE
in the hope that he can escape...)
Hi Allison and welcome,

WE don't bite...well not much! Image

I'm full time caring too - well I do get a day off a week and go to work for the afternoon! Image

i'm sure you'll like it here!

marie x
1.) steer clear from men permanently and realise - I am going to remain single!
2.) Go and see Take That in concert
3.) Give up cheese and ham toasties, far too fattening!
4.) Relax more!

take that is on live from 02 tonight
repeated at 10.10a.m. tomorrow Image Image
take that is on live from 02 tonight
repeated at 10.10a.m. tomorrow Image Image
I took my 2 girls to see Take That years ago at Whitley Bay Ice Rink,they were only about 8 yrs and 6 yrs old.I knew I was old when I turned round and a few rows behind us was our Sarahs infant teacher, dancing away and screaming.... Image Image Image
1, to get out more

2, to change the car for a more suitable one

3, loose some flab

4, find a friend and have fun

5, to keep arguing with social services Image
To keep on 'keeping on' Image Image
Hi, mine is to chill more and keep the stress levels down...I know...it's easier said than done isn't it?? Image

marie x