[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New to this site - Carers UK Forum

New to this site

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say hello, and say how grateful I am that I found this site.

My husband has spinal disease and is bedridden and I'm disabled myself. I do get help - 2 'carers' come in every morning to hoist and shower him, and next week I'm also getting a daily visit at teatime, and 3 hours on 1 afternoon a week, as well as 2 hours for 'domestic' work.

Reading some of the posts I realise that I'm very lucky to get the help I do, but there are times when it's still very difficult and it will be nice to 'chat' with people and find out what's going on in the fight to get better deals for carers.

I look forward to talking to you all.
hello coffeeholic

welcome to the forum,
hope you enjoy being here.

krys
xxx
good to meet another coffeeholic Image Image
Hi Myrtle

Yep - I'm definitely a 'coffeholic' ! I couldn't get through the day, or night, without it.

It's the only thing I drink, so maybe I'm immune to the supposed effects! LOL javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
Laughing
Well I am not going to tell you how many cups I drink a day, but I don't drink tea very often Image
hello coffeholic.

Afraid that I am a teapot. I have the kettle on the boil all day long! Image
I must admit my kettle is never off - my electric bills are sky high Image

I wouldn't dare count how many (large) mugs of coffee I drink in a day. Still it could be worse - I could be knocking back something stronger instead Image