[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
In need of a electric bed - Carers UK Forum

In need of a electric bed

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Does anyone know if there’s any financial help to buy a electric bed for my wife? She suffers with fibromyalgia amongst other mental health issues and because of her joints always hurting she hasn’t had a good night sleep in over a year unless she was in hospital and was able to raise her bed. She currently has 1 wedge pillow and 4 additional pillows but this isn’t working.

Appreciate all responses,
Thanks Nick
Ask the GP or Social Services to arrange an Occupational Therapy assessment, if a bed is needed you can get one free. Don't buy one privately. My mum did, spent over £1,000 and hated it!!
You might find this website useful

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/
they provide inks to all sorts of grants and financial support - there maybe something there that you could access. Alternatively check out your local British Heart Foundation furniture shop - they do sometimes get this kind of bed donated and, obviously, will be very much cheaper than buying a brand new one.
Thank you so much, I have found a charity, from the link you sent, called independence at Home I just need gp to make a referral for the grant
It's still better to get one free from the NHS, then you can have a special air mattress too, all serviced by them.
old topic locked for usual reasons !