[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New to this - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

New to this

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
I think as Mums we all feel some degree of guilt but I remember hearing a saying "you only get the behaviour you put up with"

Your daughter is probably messaging you to get a reaction so try not replying and if you feel you have to at some point keep your reply very neutral.

My daughter sends me loads of messages and I now only reply to a few and certainly not straight away. I did get a bit of kick back initially but now things are beginning to settle down. You have to be firm and stick to your guns. Not easy but it is worth a try and does work.

Good luck
This worked. I ignored her rants and she rang a few hours later apologising for everything and telling me that she was in crisis. She's on her way home now, in bits. It was all just too much for her. We agreed that I'd help her to set more realistic goals in future.
Thank you everyone for your support and excellent advice xxx