[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Hi - Carers UK Forum

Hi

Tell us a bit about yourself here.

Hi

New too the site my name is Michael I am a carer for my wife Margaret she has dementia and alzimers also at Rick from strokes and fits due too hardening of the arterys too the brain meds are helping that condition at the moment
Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it supportive and friendly.

Quite a few folk on here care for carees with dementia and Alzheimer's.

Melly1
Hello Michael
Caring for someone with dementia is very hard to do alone and you need lots of support from family and friends to offer respite care for you. Even a couple of hours means that you can acheive alot and have a break to yourself. Let people know that you need respite and perhaps people will volunteer.
There are lots of centres available too.
Best wishes
Ruth
Hi Michael, welcome to the forum. Are you getting any help from Social Services? It's really important to ask them for a Needs Assessment for your wife, and a Carers Assessment for you. There are often services available which are not widely advertised. Has anyone told you that your wife is completely exempt from Council Tax, on the grounds of "severe mental impairment"?