[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Introducing myself - Carers UK Forum

Introducing myself

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi all my name is kerry and i live in devon and run a support group for parents of children with additional needs in plymouth and surrounding areas either diagnosed or still going through the process and would love to talk to any parents/carers that are in this situation where ever you are and I also have a facebook page if anyone was interested for my support group.
Look forward to hopefully hearing from some people.
Hi Kerry,

Just to let you know that for privacy I have removed some of the personal details you included in your post.

Are you a carer yourself too?

x
Hi Kerry,
I ran a similar group in my area about 25 years ago. You will make many friends for life! My parents all had hidden talents, we found enough grant money to run summer playschemes for two weeks in the summer holidays, and coach trips too. Hard work, but lots of happy memories. I wish you every success.
Good luck with it Kerry. I used to be chairperson of a support group for parents of children with special needs and we ran a summer playscheme too. There is one bit of advice I would suggest though - if it is a mixed group don't let the parents of kids with learning difficulties gang up against those whose kids have physical disabilities. All the kids have disabilities - learning disabled are not more special than those who have physical disabilities.

Eun