[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New to the forum - Carers UK Forum

New to the forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi, Just joined hoping to find a little support, caring for my mum and feeling
very down.
Hi Jules and a warm welcome to the forum :)
Hi and welcome, Jules. I care for my mother, too. It's good to be here where people understand how hard it can be, so talk about anything you like. :)
Hi and welcome Jules,
I hope you enjoy the forum and find it helps. One thing you will discover is that although we all have different caring situations, many of the difficulties faced are common amongst carers. Until I joined I thought the feelings I had were unique to me. It helped to know it wasn't just me.

Melly1
Hi and welcome Jules :)

Tilly
Hi Jules, welcome to the forum. Is there anything specific making you down?
Hi, I have been unwell myself with u/active thyroid, very low vitamin d. my energy levels have been very low and felt dreadful. I keep my home and mums going and trying to keep working a few hours, my fantastic husband has been made redundant, it is all just taken its toll on me. I have now been diagnosed with depression. But hey you don't realise how strong we are until times like this.
Hi Melly1,
I am just finding my way around the forum and reading other members situations. It makes you realise we are not alone it how we feel. And finding that other carers have the feelings i have and that we aren't alone. lots of support for us out there.

Jules
Jules, that's a lot going on all at once. If you don't mind me saying, it might be a bit odd if you weren't diagnosed with depression after all that.

Try to cut down on your workload - if a few things here and there don't get done straight away it's unlikely to stop the world spinning on its axis. Make some "you" time and concentrate as much as you can on getting yourself better. Hugs.
Jules, these are all overload warning signs. Stop trying to be all things to all people, and take a long hard look at what you are doing. Then ask yourself if the world would freeze over if you didn't do them. Could they be dropped altogether, reduced, could someone else or something else ie dishwasher do them. After a serious accident I was forced to do this myself, just wish I'd xone it years earlier. My greatest time saver was reorganising my large back garden. No borders any more, just a quick whizz round with the mowe and it's done. Still plenty of flowers in troughs on my patio, but they nearly look after themselves.

n.