[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Help with Local Authority ( LA) day care - Carers UK Forum

Help with Local Authority ( LA) day care

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
HI All
This is my first time post and I along with my wife care for her sister who has Downs Syndrome and is a spritely 55 yrs old and lives with us, our local day care centre where my sister in law attends daily have been calling us up on several occassions as she is obsessed with going to the toilet ( we know this already). A community nurse is involved but seems to sway on the side of the LA and has asked us to get her assessed for dementia? we have been to a Prof and he suggests it is only slight and that the LA will not let her attend if Dementia is diagnosed so having this info the day care centre are in a corner. The day care centre are now trying a new tactic because of the toilet habit they are saying it is 121 care daily and they have not got the staff nor the resources. We have to attend a meeting at the centre for a review !!
What rights do we have? and where can we turn?
Your help would be very appreciated
Hi Mick and welcome.
Pardon me for being personal, but does your sister in law need help to go to the toilet? If she goes on her own, however often, I can't see that the day centre have a case.
Hi Myrtle
Yes sometimes needs help but now on numerous occassions she tends to do it before the toilet, they are blocking her way to the toilet with a table so where do they expect her to go? my wife is at her wits end
Take photos of the table being in the way if you can and at the meeting point out that she doesn't always need help, just to be able to get there as quickly as she needs to.
She can't be the only one there who needs to go as soon as she needs to go.