[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Employment rights - Carers UK Forum

Employment rights

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hello all you wonderful caters x I am off work at the moment with stress as I am a carer looking after my father 7 days a week, I have moved into my fathers to care for him. He is on palliative care and I'm unsure of what I am entitled to. My employer my be asking me in for a meeting and may ask me to leave.i have my own bills to pay each month and don't know where to get advice.
Have a word with ACAS - you have rights under the Equality Act as you are "disabled by association". Google Equality Act Coleman case and you should see what this means. However, if dad is on palliative care, what help are you receiving? Are you claiming Attendance Allowance for him (there is a fast track system) or NHS Continuing Healthcare. This might enable you to work part time. Has the doctor said how long he expects dad to live? I know it's a horrible question but a lot hinges on it.