[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New poster and a question - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

New poster and a question

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi Steve - just wanted to say welcome Image
Hello Steve, welcome to the forum.
I look after my disabled husband too.
We struggled by with just my wages as she was unable to claim anything for a couple of years due to her visa restrictions.
I had the same problem when I became Carer. My husband and I lived with a single person's rate of Income Support for more than one year...Many people said they wished I was an asylumseeker Image Image Image
Does carers allowance effect housing benefit?
Unfortunately, it does. But it all depends on type of your accommodation and rent. As a couple, Housing Benefit only covers for one bedroom accommodation (locally up to / max £500pcm), which is not too bad, but it will never cover our rent because it is private accommodation.
Hello Steve - welcome to the forum. Hope that you are both happy in a new flat by the time I'm writing this? Image