[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Newbie - Carers UK Forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi my name is Gordon just over 2yrs ago my wife suffered a Full (L) sided stroke and I have been her sole 24/7 carer since It is now getting to the stage where I have done this without a break for the whole time and I am totally exhausted she is 65yrs old I am in poor health with major heart problems when she was in Hospital in july they referred her to the council for assessment but after numerous phone calls nothing I dont really know what to do next
Before discharge the hospitsl should have arranged a package of care with Social Services. Send them a letter by Recorded Delivery asking for an urgent assessment for your disabled wife, and you as her carer.
Gordon, Hi there. Have you been to your GP and told him the state you are in? I'm horrified that the SS haven't responded to you yet. Go to the Doctors and tell him that your health is in danger of deteriorating and ask him to contact SS on your behalf. Does anyone check on either of you?
This might help. It also tells you who to contact if you feel you have waited too long. (Which you have).
http://www.independentage.org/factsheet ... n-england/
You need some support. Start making a fuss.
Remember that when it comes to paying for Care for your wife, as far as I am aware, only her savings/assets are counted in a means test, NOT your half of a joint account or your independent assets.
Good luck.
Elaine