[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
new member - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
hi rosemary sorry i cut it short last nightwhen you have to go you gotta go
like you said a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do Image Image it does make me
sad and angry that people do still think like that believe it or not ive had exactly that over the years not from men but from women some women still think like that i just tell them they are
still living in the past they dont like it ok we carers men and women have to be like that
most of time if we didnt we would all be in the loony bin but we are all human we have all got a
breaking point. to cope i have my garden i escape to ive got two green houses when the weather gets bad i lose myself there i grow everything myself i reckon that keeps me sane
also im a radio ameteur {not cb}as some people think with amateur radio you have to sit exams and hold a licence before you can operate so thats how i cope i lose myself in these
two hobbies and of course the computer enough about me what about your self who do you look after and how do you cope Image got to go for breakfast talk to you soon
Hello Doug, nice to see you hear.

Tony Image
hi tony thanks for that
pleased too meet you
doug
Morning Doug,

I wish I had known you were keen on gardening yesterday.Hubby and I ended up on internet looking for information about rose bushes.God only knows what we bought yesterday will turn out like Image .

You will need explain radio amateur to me as I assumed it was all CB with funny names or is it handle Image Image Image .Maybe we could guess what your name is Image Image .

As regards to coping with caring, and I know many here will agree with one simple fact,we cope as we have no other choice.I have been very fortunate though to have the support of a good man.Without my hubby I could never have done all that I did for mam and still do for brother.

When mam was alive the internet was my escape.At that time I did not look on myself as a carer so knew nothing about forums like this one and others.I truly wish I had as they are all a marvellous source of support and information and you realise there are others out there, who although their circumstances differ to your own,they understand exactly the emotions that you go through.No-one ever judges,just offers a shoulder if needed or help with advice.
I have met so many people online and now have friends scattered all round the world so maybe in a way the computer is my radio Image .

I hope you will benefit from the forum Doug and I know others will be along too to welcome you in due course.

Take care
Rosemary
x x

hi rosemary
amateur radio is abit more complicated than that you have to go through three exams
a foundation course then an intermediate then full licence
foundation is only a taster as it were then itermediate is getting serious takes 5 weekend to sit it if you pass that you go on too full licence which takes forever its acall sighn we get
what we do on the radio is talk to people all over the world on hf high frequency or
local people on2meters fm or 70cms uhf we can talk to the space station some of them up there are amateurs them selves we also use digital software between radio and computer
morsecode rtty psk msstv etcetc and most of us are in raynet group i my self am a base station as i cant go out in an a emergency i relay messages to other people
hope that gives you an idea if not what i have mentioned here you will find on internet
if i can help in anyway for gardens or plants just ask speak to you soon have a nice day Image Image Image
i my self am a base station as i cant go out in an a emergency i relay messages to other people
I must be a base station too.Difference is with my mouth, I just open my front door and shout the messages Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Enjoy the rest of your day

lol lol rosemary im not going to say anthing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol lol rosemary im not going to say anthing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wise man,best decision you will make today Image Image Image
thats what my wife says anything for a quiet life Image Image
Well I will be just like Noreen and let you have the last words in your next posting.All you need type is.......

Yes dear Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image