[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New here too - Carers UK Forum

New here too

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi everyone ive recently joined the forum .I am a carer for my 33 year old daughter who has Downs Syndrome.
Justgood to know that with all the problems we encounter that there is friendly advise at hand .
Hi Maggie,

Welcome to the forum. I have split your post from the thread you added to, so members can see your words more and welcome you properly.

x x x
Hi Maggie and a warm welcome from me. Image

Karen
Hi Maggie and welcome Image
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome x
Since having my daughter at the age of 19 my whole life has been trying to juggle work and being a mum.I have seen many changes in the 33years of caring for Emma,many improvements.(perhaps not as many as there should have been,)in services .So sad now to see the rug pulled from under our feet with all the government cuts.
Attending a meeting tomorrow night with councillors and my local MP,concerning many cuts to our services.
Fingers crossed Image
Since having my daughter at the age of 19 my whole life has been trying to juggle work and being a mum.I have seen many changes in the 33years of caring for Emma,many improvements.(perhaps not as many as there should have been,)in services .So sad now to see the rug pulled from under our feet with all the government cuts.
Attending a meeting tomorrow night with councillors and my local MP,concerning many cuts to our services.
Fingers crossed Image
Hi Maggie, hope the meeting went well

Marie
Hi, and welcome.
My boy has DS and he is 16. He goes to college and has a paid, p/t job. We both have jobs, and we are hoping he will opt for an independent/supported living arrangement before we get fed up with caring. What does your daughter want to do with her life?