[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New Girl - Carers UK Forum

New Girl

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
My name is Donna and I am a carer for my son who is autistic and has a learning disability. I live Middlesbrough and it would be nice to have people to chat to who are in a similar situation.
Hi Donna and welcome Image
Hello Mrytle and Audrey
Thanks for the warm welcome.Hope you both are well Image
Me too, hope you sleep well and thanks for taking time to chat, means a lot .
Hope to speak again . Goodnight.
I'd already gone to bed Image Image
Hi and welcome to the Forum.Hope you find it useful and fun. Image Image Image
Welcome from me. I have a son with SLD, he's now 33. I know you will be worried about the future for your son, as I was. The best bit of advice I was ever given was to keep him in education as long as possible, he finally left at 22. He went from a special school to a special college, then various placements, each time gaining confidence and skills. Now he lives alone in a privately rented flat. We are all so proud of him, and he's proud of himself. No way in a million years did we think he could ever live alone, even with support. His flat is a palace, and the landlord thinks he's the perfect tenant. I hope this gives you some hope for the future.
Hi Donna,

You've come to the right place for people to chat to Image

Just join in anywhere,

Best wishes,
Lucy
Thanks for the welcome Lucy and Michael hope you are well.
Thanks to bowlingbun,good advice and good to see your son has done so well . Image
Hi Donna,