[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
New and Nervous.... - Carers UK Forum

New and Nervous....

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi :)
In a nutshell I've joined this site because I'm engaged to n caring for my partner with Parkinson's disease. He was diagnosed 4 years ago, and now the bad days seem to outweigh the good.
We have 3 children too, one of which is also disabled.
Any advice on general coping mechanisms greatly accepted or just a general chat.
C x
Hi Daisy, and welcome to the forum! I love your subject line - I'm sure a lot of us felt that way when we first posted!

There are lots of people on the forum who are caring for partners and will have tips on how they cope with the ups and downs. In the meantime, welcome! How old are your children? And how has today been for you?
Hallo Daisy
I've just joined the forum too and am hoping to get some support as we carers need all the help we can get to contiue with ur everyay lives. Like me you may find the forum rather difficut to understand how to use for a start, but I am persisting and it is getting slightly easier.
Re caring for someone with parkinsons i have no specific advice, but i do care for my husb who has had a long term neurological disability for past 18 years. I think for me the most important thing is to try very hard to just have something small ..or preferbly big...for you to enjoy/look forward to each day , whether that be a short walk somewhere plesant, a cup of coffee with a friend, listen to some music or a tv prog you enjoy. Also to keep a check list of all the things you can do to make your life nicer and your partner's life easier, as it helps to go back to it from time to time. keep focussed upon each day and NOT the rest of your lifeas things usually do change, sometimes for the worse but may eventaully get better. cheers liz
Hi,
Our children are 17, 15, and 8 a mixed bag.
Our day hasn't been to bad, usual tiredness n the restlessness from the legs for the other half and of course the general ups and downs with the kids.
How about you?
Hi Liz :)
Yes, it took we a while to get the hang of using the forum correctly, but I think I'm finding my way around now.
I would like to say a big thank you for your kindness n advice, the reason I joined the forum.
I have been for a lovely walk today n as you say this always seems to help.