50 % off car road tax

Tell us a bit about yourself here.
Hi, my husband now qualifies for 'vehicle tax reduction' - 50% of the road tax - if you receive the mobility component of PIP at the standard rate.
My question is this, I am the registered keeper, and main driver, he is the second named driver, we pay monthly for our car tax, can I / we claim the 50 % reduction and still pay DD monthly or transfer the car in to his name cancel the car tax and pay the year in full claiming the 50%) I hope the above makes sense. Thanks
The CAB have guidance on this :

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/scotl ... -badge-s1/

Can you get any extra concessions if you have a blue badge ?

Internet search ... VEHICLE ROAD TAX DISCOUNT ... many other links listed.